Condition of Items
We resell both retail and OEM packaged products. Retail products usually include manuals, and possibly cables, drivers, or software not included with OEM products. OEM products are designed to be installed by experienced professionals as components in new systems. If that does not fit your situation, you should not purchase OEM products, even if the price is considerably lower than similar retail products.
In addition to new items, we sometimes have used and scrap items in-stock. The condition of all items is clearly marked in the aution listing. Be sure to note the condition of the item and bid accordingly. "Scrap" and "Used: Poor" items are never returnable and are completely non-refundable. Returnable and/or refundable items are so indicated and are subject to our refund policy in our fullterms of sale.
We use the following terms to describe items for sale:
- Purchased from the manufacturer or a reputable distributor for resale. Item is in the original packaging (usually factory sealed) we received it in.
- Open Box / Like New
- The original packaging has been opened by a NevaCal staff member (possibly for verification, identification, and/or testing), but is in all other respects just like a New item.
- Returned New
- Item was delivered to a customer, but was returned in Like New condition. If the original packaging was opened, it was opened only by a NevaCal staff member.
- Returned Opened
- Item was delivered to a customer, but it was returned according to our return policy. The original packaging was opened, and the product may have been repacked slightly differently than a new one is. We believe the product is still fully functional and should still be covered by the manufacturer warranty.
- Demo / Display
- The item was previously used for demonstration purposes or as a display model. There may be some cosmetic wear, but we believe the product is still fully functional and should still be covered by the manufacturer warranty.
- Used: Good
- Someone previously used the item. It was either in a known good condition when it was acquired and/or it was thoroughly tested and is believed to be in good condition. The manufacturer warranty may not apply if it is non-transferable from the original owner.
- Used: Fair
- Someone previously used the item. It is in fair condition. There may be cosmetic damage or other conditions that will be carefully noted in the item description.
- Used: Poor
- Someone previously used the item, and it is in poor or distressed condition. We believe the item may still be usable, but it may require extensive cleaning, maintenance, or repairs to make it so. See the item description for details.
- Used: Unknown
- Someone previously used the item. The condition of the item is completely unknown. This could be because we have no way of testing the component, the component was pulled from a system with a known problem that likely did not affect the component, or some other reason. It is a gamble if the thing will work or not, so bid accordingly and see the item description for details.
- We believe the item to be in non-usable condition and is being sold simply for the scrap value. Qualified technicians who know the product extensively may be able to repair the part or combine it with other parts to make a functional unit, but we certainly do not feel comfortable recommending that! Occasionally we may list items as scrap if they are usable but highly undependable. As usual, read the item description for details.
We look forward to serving your needs now and in the future. Thank you for visiting, and have a great day!